How I love your…………BARS!.
Years ago our family went on a little ski trip with some friends from our area. One man’s mother made certain he take along a pan of her bars. These sticky gems were slicked up in no time flat and have been a favorite for our family ever since. They are easy to make, and just so ya know….they are finger-lickin’ sticky. 🙂
- 1st layer:
- 1 stick margarine or butter
- ⅔ C brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1½ C flour
- ½ t baking powder
- ¼ t. soda
- Mix together and place in a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes
- 2nd layer:
- Sprinkle 3 C small marshmallows atop of first layer. Bake 1 minute or until marshmallows melt.
- 3rd layer:
- Heat in large pan on stovetop:
- ⅔ C Karo syrup
- 1 t vanilla
- ¼ C margarine or butter
- 1 12 oz pkg of peanut butter chips
- Then pour into mixture
- 2 C Rice Krispies or corn flakes
- 2 C salted peanuts
- Spread over marshmallows (I grease my hands to press out layer atop the marshmallows as it gets pretty sticky. Cool and eat.
There are two grandkids in our family who have peanut allergies, so I don’t make them as often, anymore. But when I do, they go quickly!
Hope you enjoy them as much as we do! And while you’re baking, turn on 107.1. It’s uplifting music will put a smile on your face and calm your spirit. It’s a great station to listen to.
Happy Monday to you all!