The blizzard has come…..just as they said! And I’m so glad I don’t have to be out in it! Haven’t seen much activity on this highway today. Perhaps a few pickup trucks, a couple tractors and a snowplow. I think everyone decided to take this snow day seriously and stay home.
Been thumbing through some of my beautiful cookbooks….most of them gifts. I LOVE to read cookbooks!
Tried one of Kay Robertson’s recipes from her cookbook, Miss Kay’s Duck Commander Kitchen. She calls them “Nutty Good Oatmeal Cookies” I’m naming them Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, just so I can remember them!
BTW….just saw her granddaughter, Sadie, play a role in the new movie, “God’s Not Dead 2” Wow! It’s definately a must-see movie! You will love it, if you love God and our country.
Ok….back to the cookies…………….you’ll love these, too! Great milk or coffee dunkin’ cookies, if you ask me.
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 C flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- ½ t baking powder
- 2 C old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 C chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- ½ C chopped pecans
- Oven 350
- Beat butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla until creamy.
- Sift dry ingredients and add.
- Add oatmeal, nuts and choc chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet
- Bake for approx 12 min, until set.
Think I’ll make some hot chocolate to go with and continue reading my cookbooks. 🙂