Don’t have time to make that baked cheesecake? No worries, my friend – a quick and simple and deliciously wonderful version is now here! These individual cheesecakes are so fun and only take about 15 minutes! Yes! This recipe can easily be adapted to your favorite version of cheesecake – this one just happens to be one of mine. A colorful (almost fall) treat!
Peanut butter and chocolate and cheesecake = rich and decadent results.
All you need are: Oreos for the chocolate “crust” (bottom). You could easily substitute graham crackers for a “vanilla” crust.
8 oz of cream cheese and 12 oz of Cool Whip for the “cheesecake.”
Layered with candy Reese’s Pieces.
And lastly peanut butter and cream cheese and Cool Whip for the topping.
Ahhh, Happiness in a jar!
I found the cutest little mason jars the other day at the grocery store. I just had to get them. They have a variety of purposes, you know? The check out lady asked, “What are you canning?” “Well…” I said. “I’m not exactly canning….I’m using them for dessert.” Use them for canning, use them for individual cheesecake desserts; now we are using them for juice glasses! Mason jars are so fun and have so many uses right now. If you don’t have mason jars, small bowls or cups will do the trick.
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 12 oz Cool Whip
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cups crushed Oreo cookies (approximately 2 sleeves)
- 4 oz Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Reeses Pieces
- Beat together cream cheese and vanilla until creamy.
- Fold ⅔ of Cool Whip into cream cheese mixture.
- Transfer to the corner of a large zippered bag and cut off corner for piping into jars.
- Crush Oreos - a food processor works well for this.
- Place a layer of crushed Oreos in the bottom of each jar and tamp down. Pipe in cheese cake mixture into each jar.
- Evenly distribute the candy pieces into each cheesecake mixture, reserving a few for the top of each. Gently tap jar to get mixture to settle and level.
- Wipe down any streaks above the level of the mixture with damp paper towel.
- •Microwave the peanut butter for 30 seconds to loosen. Fold peanut butter into the remaining Cool Whip. Transfer the mixture to the corner a large zippered bag and cut off corner for piping into jars. Pipe a layer of peanut butter mixture into each jar.
- Sprinkle some crushed candy pieces into the topping as a garnish.