This Mocha Brownie Torte is such a simple recipe and has always had rave reviews. I had always served it as a 9 inch round cake, but this year for Valentine’s Day, I made it into individual mini tortes. I baked the brownies in a 9 x 13″ pan and cut out rounds with a biscuit cutter. It was actually so much easier than my traditional method of layering two rounds from round cake pans.
It is so, so easy and so, so delicious!
- 1 pkg. brownie mix
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 2 T brown sugar
- 2 t instant coffee
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 1 T chocolate syrup
- 1 C chopped pecans or black walnuts (optional)
- red raspberries….a few on each serving for garnish
- Place a large mixing bowl and beaters in freezer.
- Prepare 2 round cake pans with grease or by lining bottoms with waxed or parchment paper.
- Prepare your favorite brownie mix according to package directions, and bake in the two cake pans.
- Remove after 10-15 minutes just like you would cake.
- Carefully remove from cake pans by inverting onto a wire rack. Completely cool.
- Place whipping cream in cold bowl and whip on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Stop and add brown sugar and instant coffee.
- Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in vanilla.
- Place one brownie round on a cake stand. Frost top with whipped cream mixture. Add top round and frost top of that. Drizzle a thin stream of chocolate syrup on the top for garnish. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with chopped nuts and red raspberries.