Running out of time this holiday season? Need a last minute Christmas treat that won’t take you long to make? This one is for you.
My mom started making Chex Caramel Crunch many years ago, and our family requests it every year at Christmas time. We make it for our neighbors, for our Sunday school teachers, for the garbage man, for ourselves…. you get the idea.
Chewy, Crunchy, Caramely, and ready in under 10 minutes; this one is a keeper. The flavors and texture are very similar to peanut brittle, but this is so much easier and fun to make.
The kids and I had a lot of fun making it yesterday for our friends.
We bagged them up, attached a cute ribbon and tag, and planned out to whom we could deliver these fun treats. They felt happy to have contributed to gifts for their Sunday school teachers and friends. Can’t wait to pass them out (and to eat a little bit myself!).
- ½ cup butter
- 1 C sugar
- ½ C white corn syrup
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t vanilla
- 11 ounce box Mini Club crackers (or Ritz Crackers, broken up)
- 5 C Corn or Rice Chex
- 1½ C whole almonds or dry roasted peanuts
- Melt butter in microwave.
- Add sugar and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil in the microwave, which takes about two minutes.
- Continue to boil for about two minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Remove from microwave and add baking soda and vanilla.
- In a large microwavable bowl, combine crackers, Chex, and nuts.
- Pour sugar/syrup mixture over cracker mixture and stir well.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Cool on 2 cookie sheets.
- When cool, break into bite size pieces.
Need more Christmas ideas? Check out this complete brunch menu: