Mornin”! Mr. Groundhog says there will be 6 more weeks of winter. The ugly old marmot I don’t much like! Neither does Mr. Farmer, as he has to trap him throughout our year. He’s done a lot of damage here on the farm! The Midwest groundhog thinks he’s so smart, scurrying into our sheds and buildings, digging grand holes, overturning everything in his path. I really don’t trust him or his word. It does look like we will have at least another week or 2 of winter with all the snow that came down in the past 48 hours. What does Mr. Punxsutawney Phil know about Iowa, anyway? He from Pennsylvania! Hello!
Joe and Ava took advantage of our large snowfall and went for a ride before the Super Bowl game started. Their cheeks were bright red when they came in out of the cold, and the Mexican Dip was just the ticket for their pre-game appetite.
This is my “go to” appetizer and has been for well over 25 years. It’s a “dump” recipe that always goes fast!
By dump, I mean…..you dump everything in one container and you’re virtually done. Here it is:
- 1 large (at least 20 oz.) can Hormel Chili with or without beans (your preference)
- 1 small can chopped green chilies
- ½ to 1 packet Taco Seasoning Mix (your preference)
- ½ C chopped green onion (optional)
- 8-12 oz Velveeta cheese (again, your preference) chopped in chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients into a 2-3 quart casserole and mix together.
- Bake 45-60 minutes.
- Give it a stir and serve up with your favorite nachos.
Just really needed to sample this and make certain it was alright to serve my guests. Shhhhh….