This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is a great transitional salad from the cold winter months to the warmer spring and summer months. When the fresh garden vegetables are not ready, these ingredients are easily found at the grocery store. The quinoa packs a protein punch and the vegetables add fiber. The feta and olive dressing lend a delicious Mediterranean flavor! Ahh, yes…flavor, often something a “healthy” salad misses. However, this salad has plenty of flavor and you don’t need all the calories. (Ahem, croutons, bacon, creamy dressings, etc.) 🙂
You can serve this salad on a large serving platter or dress each individual plate. It’s fun to separate the salad to give it a unique look. The great news it tastes even better than it looks. Enjoy!
- 1 cup Quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups, cauliflower, chopped
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 3 Tbs lemon juice
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups spring mix lettuce, torn
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 6 oz feta cheese
- Cook 1 cup of uncooked quinoa according to package directions.
- Finely chop your cauliflower in a food processor (apprx 4 pulses)
- For olive dressing: stir together olives, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic.
- Drain any excess water from quinoa and stir in cauliflower.
- Arrange quinoa mix, spring mix, celery and cheese onto a platter or individual plates
- Serve with olive dressing.