Looking for a delicious dish that encompasses fall vegetables? Or maybe even a healthy and tasty thanksgiving side? Look no further! This dish uses in season autumn vegetables and mixes them with the classic fall flavors of maple and cinnamon…toss in a few pecans and cranberries and you have a tasty and healthy side for your meal.
Not sure about combining all these ingredients together?
Once you try them individually and fall in love…give them a try by throwing them all together with a drizzle of pure maple syrup. Yum! Check out the recipe below!
- Roasted Squash
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 3 Tbs pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 3 cups Brussel sprouts, ends trimmed loose and yellow leaves removed
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- Additional Ingredients:
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2-3 Tbs additional pure maple syrup to drizzle at end (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl combine Brussel sprouts, 2 Tbs olive oil and salt to taste, stir to combine and place on a foil lined and lightly oiled baking sheet. Roast in oven for about 20-25 minutes, shaking the pan 1-2 times for even roasting.
- In another bowl combine cubed squash with 1 Tbs olive oil, maple syrup and cinnamon, mix until well coated. Place in a single layer on a foil lined and lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes turning once to ensure even baking. Bake until softened.
- In a large serving bowl toss roasted Brussel sprouts, roasted squash, pecans and cranberries and mix to combine.
- Add additional maple syrup one Tbs at a time for additional/desired sweetness.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!