What do you do with a big beautiful red ripe tomato? Especially, one that has just been picked?
We must save it from the big, hungry Bear!
Cut it into chunks……………and share it for lunch! We (little mouse and family) will eat it up!
Now, that’s one big, beautiful red, ripe tomato the big, hungry Bear will never get!
P.S. I’m glad cats leave tomatoes alone.
Enjoy those garden fresh veggies while they last……………………..
We are thankful for bountiful harvests!
- Fresh tomatoes, chunked, enough for approximately 2 C
- ½ cucumber, peeled and sliced or chunked
- green onions, sliced, including some tops. I use around 2-3
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- ½ C celery, roughly chopped
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, optional (Secret ingredient that makes it so good)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅛ C Italian salad dressing
- ⅛ C Green Goddess salad dressing
- In a large bowl, drop in all ingredients. Give it a quick stir and serve it up or stick in refrigerator and let it marinate awhile to mix all the flavors. You can make this ahead of time, even a day ahead.