Valentine’s Day is just a few days away…why does my mind immediately race to desserts and treats and candy and chocolate? Because they are all sooo good!
The hubs loves pudding – especially chocolate pudding. Often times, I will opt for cookies or ice cream over pudding, but I do like it. I had sort of forgot about pudding, and was recently looking for something a little more interesting than just adding milk. Then I remembered this wonderful, creamy, layered pudding I had many years ago. It is Layered Pudding that is often times called, “Lush.”
So there are many different variations of lush – lemon lush, banana lush, Butterfinger lush. I think of this as the most traditional type with a buttery pecan crust as the bottom layer. Next comes the cream cheese whipped cream layer. Then the chocolate pudding layer, and finally topped with whipped cream. This recipe makes an entire 9 x13 so that’s even better. It is an easy and impressive dessert!
- ½ c. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 c. flour
- ¾ c. pecans, finely chopped, divided
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 (12 oz.) container of Cool Whip
- 2 boxes instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2½ c. milk
- Mix butter and flour together then add ½ c. of the chopped pecans. Pat into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- In a medium bow, mix cream cheese and powdered sugar together, then stir ½ of the Cool Whip.
- Spread this mixture over the cooled crust. Beat the pudding with milk and spread over the cream cheese. Top with the rest of the Cool Whip. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ c. of pecans.
- Refrigerate until serving time.