These Jalapeno Wontons are filled with creamy-goodness and make for an excellent appetizer, side, or just because.
How can you go wrong with cream cheese, jalapenos, bacon, and cheese? The wonton shells add for a surprisingly enjoyable crunch. Don’t let the wontons scare you off – the wrappers can typically be found in the freezer section of your local grocery store (yes, they do carry them at Fareway :)).
These are simple, yet satisfying…and they go fast!
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ c. sour cream
- 12 oz. bacon - cooked & crumbled (save 2 T. for sprinkling)
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese (save 2 T. for sprinkling)
- 2 jalapenos - seeded & diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Place one wonton wrapper in each muffin cup; bake 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together cream cheese, sour cream, bacon, cheddar cheese, and diced jalapenos.
- Spoon filling into wonton cups, then sprinkle with reserved bacon and cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes, until wontons are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Adapted from Lemon Tree Dwelling