This cake is a staple around our house for birthdays. I They kids love it because it is delicious and fun. I love it because It is easy, inexpensive, and it feeds a crowd.
The main ingredients of this cake are ice cream sandwiches, Cool-Whip, and candy bars. (Strange, huh?!) But something magical happens in the freezer and it really doesn’t taste like any of those separate ingredients. It is decadent, refreshing, and delicious. People who are having it for the first time say things like, “How did you make this?”and “How did you get the chocolate layer so thin?” They are so surprised when I say it’s made with ice cream sandwiches. 🙂 You’ll have to make it so you can be pleasantly surprised too!
Another great aspect of this dessert is that you can put any candy bar or cookie in that you like. When making it for my kids’ birthdays, I just ask them what their current favorite candy bar is and use that. Chopped up Oreos are also spectacular.
- 24 Ice Cream sandwiches
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 Hershey's chocolate syrup bottle
- 1 Smuckers caramel syrup bottle
- 2 king size Butterfinger candy bars, chopped up
- First layer- 12 ice cream sandwiches
- Second layer- half of Cool Whip
- Third layer- half of Butterfinger bars, and drizzle half of chocolate and caramel syrup
- Fourth layer- rest of the ice cream sandwiches
- Fifth layer- rest of the Cool Whip
- Sixth layer - rest of the Butterfinger, caramel, and chocolate
- Freeze at least 2 hours.