We love all types of cereal bars around here… the traditional Rice Krispy treats, Chex Dessert Bars, and Scotcharoos (is that just a family recipe or do others eat those too?)
Lately we have been making these Honey Bunches of Oats Bars. And we LOVE them. What’s not to love about these bars? They are chewy, crunchy, chocolaty, and just a touch cinnamony! (Don’t you love how I used all C words there?) 🙂 And something that our family loves about these are that they can be made with peanut butter or almond butter and still taste great. (We have a couple of kids who can’t eat peanuts).
Best of all, they are so easy and come together very quickly. A wonderful summery treat. Give them a try; I think you’ll love them!
- 1 T butter
- 3 C mini marshmallows
- ½ C peanut butter or almond butter, divided
- 4 C Post Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal
- ½ C chocolate chips
- Spray 8 inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Place 1 T butter and 3 C marshmallows in large microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave on high 45 seconds. Stir and microwave another 30 seconds or until marshmallows are melted.
- Measure ½ C peanut butter or almond butter. Remove 2 T and place in a small microwaveable bowl; set aside.
- Stir remaining peanut butter into marshmallow mixture. Immediately add 4 cups cereal; stir until well coated.
- Press cereal mixture with finger tips in pan.
- Place chocolate chips in small microwaveable bowl with peanut/almond butter. Microwave on high 30 seconds or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cereal treats; spread to cover. Refrigerate 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.