A few weeks ago, our wonderful neighbors brought over the most fantastic gift: a box of healthy freezer breakfast burritos. This delivery came during the crazy, busy time of December when there is wrapping and shopping and guitar concerts and kids’ plays, etc., etc., etc. Needless to say, these have been SO wonderful to have in the freezer for some super quick, easy, scrumptious breakfasts. I wanted to share these with you today, because filling up our freezers with healthy recipes like this is such a great way to get a jump on healthy, organized New Year’s goals.
I LOVE this recipe because it is SO delicious, filling, and really healthy. Using turkey sausage and bacon and low-carb tortillas make these burritos especially nutritious. Plus, it was so great that the kids could just pop one in the microwave for a minute, and their breakfast was ready to go.
We will be making a HUGE batch of these soon to fill up the freezer.
- ½ lb ground turkey breakfast sausage
- ¼ bag frozen chopped onions
- 6 eggs, scrambled
- 2 C frozen hash browns
- ½ lb bacon, cooked and crumbled (use regular or turkey)
- 1 C shredded Cheddar cheese
- 10 flour tortillas (optional- use low carb, such as Mission Carb Balance)
- 1 pkg Press n Seal wrap
- In a large skillet, over high heat, brown the turkey sausage and onions. Remove from pan.
- In the same skillet, over medium heat, cook the scrambled eggs. Remove from pan.
- In the same skillet, over medium- high heat, brown the hashbrowns, turning just once, after about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine sausage/onion mixtures, eggs, and hashbrowns. . Place mixture inside tortillas and sprinkle with cheese. Wrap tightly in Press n Seal Wrap, and freeze.
- To prepare: Microwave individually without wrap for 1-2 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Optional: Brown burrito in a skillet over medium-high heat after microwaving for 2 minutes per side. (this really makes it taste likes its from a restaurant!)
Have you seen our new free ebook? We are giving away a copy of The Healthy Salads and Soups ebook to all of our email subscribers and would love for you to have your own copy! Perfect for the New Year.