One of my favorite depictions and verses comes of a Mother comes from Proverbs 31 – A Virtuous Woman. As I am reminded, a Proverbs 31 Woman is not about being perfect, it’s about living a life with purpose.
“A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies…she is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come…honor her for all her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.” Proverbs excerpts 31:10, 25, 31
Mother’s are a special gift encompassing many life roles. The Proverbs 31 woman has 10 virtues: faith, marriage, mothering, health, service, finances, industry, homemaking, time, and inner beauty (check out A Virtuous Woman, to read more). These attributes are inspiring for me personally, and they remind me of the honor and priceless lessons I have learned from my mother, mother-in-law, and grandmas. Being a mother is worth far more than rubies; it is a treasure.
Often times, it can be easy to forget the privilege of a being a mother, when going through our daily routines and amidst life distractions. I hope you will be reminded and refreshed today of what a blessing a Mother truly is.
Whether you are honoring Mom today by a brunch, a picnic, a lunch, a tea, a family outing, a phone call, or just spending time together – here is a sweet, simple recipe for a light and pretty dessert – Mom is sure to enjoy with you!
- 1 box Angel Food cake
- 1 (8 oz ) container Cool Whip
- 1 c. fresh strawberries, hulled & halved
- 1 c. fresh blackberries
- 1 c. fresh raspberries
- 1 c. fresh blueberries
- fresh mint sprigs to garnish
- Prepare Angel Food cake according to directions on box. Bake and cool thoroughly.
- Frost cake with Cool Whip using a spatula making soft swirls.
- Combine fresh berries in a medium bowl. Place half the berries at the bottom perimeter of cake. Place the other half on top. Garnish with mint sprigs.
- Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers.