Happy Father’s Day!
Somehow buffalo chicken seems to be fitting for Father’s Day, maybe I am stereotyping, but I will say men from this household
like, love anything when comes to buffalo chicken (and of course, I like it too. I mean I will eat it).
My husband has fondly enjoyed the buffalo chicken wraps from Granite City (not to mention the waffle fries and dip – believe me, it’s still a favorite). His spectrum has since broadened to leaps and bounds, and one of our favorite foods to grill in the summer is, “Buffalo Chicken Wings.” They are quite simple to, “Just throw on the grill.” Add some carrot and celery sticks, and Ranch dressing. Life is good.
Recently, I found a fun recipe on Pinterest (I know you’re surprised) using bibb leaf lettuce to make these cute little individual buffalo chicken bites… I will try that someday…
On the other hand, I went down to the garden and discovered I had lettuce and lettuce and more lettuce. What on earth am I going to do with all of this lettuce? I guess we’ll be eating lettuce for the summer, and I’m okay with that! So I made this salad. It is super simple to make, and quite refreshing for a summer meal.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
- ½ - ¾ c. Franks red hot sauce, divided
- 1 avocado, diced
- 12-16 oz. fresh lettuce]
- 1 fresh tomato, diced
- ¼ c. green onions, sliced
- ¼ c. croutons
- ½ c. favorite Ranch dressing
- Add cubed chicken and approximately ½ c. Franks hot sauce to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- Place grill basket directly on grill. Add marinated chicken and grill for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally (if you don't have a grill basket, try using a bamboo skewer).
- Remove from grill and place chicken in a bowl, add remaining ¼ c. buffalo sauce.
- Combine lettuce with fresh tomato, croutons, green onions, and avocado. Add buffalo chicken and drizzle on Ranch dressing.