“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.”
…”Everything that has the breath of life in it – I give every green plant for food.’ And it was so.”
“God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning – the sixth day. “Genesis 1:1, 30-31
Isn’t the earth amazing – truly amazing? The animals, the plants, the seeds, the sky, the ocean. I am continually in awe of the beauty and the complexity I see on this earth in my everyday surroundings.
This time of year it is especially fantastic – the early morning birds chirping, the fragrant lilac bushes, a spray of colorful tulips budding –
Take the time to stop and appreciate this earth today.
In honor of Earth Day today, I found it fitting to make…. (drum roll please)
I don’t know who was more excited: my four-year old or me!
I think Earth Day and Dirt Cups just go together.
If you don’t get your hands dirty in some real dirt, then try the edible version. 🙂
Fun, easy, educational, and tasty too!
Typically, I’ve done dirt cups with gummy worms, but if you want to spice them up a bit by adding flowers – it’s pretty simple and easy to do that, too.
I found green straws – they came in a box of 100 neon. Then I used two pipe cleaners of the same color to make two sets of loops. Then I cut a small piece for the center (tepals is what I learned is the dark area in the center of a tulip) to attach to the stem (green straw).
- 1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) Jell-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
- 15 Oreo cookies, finely crushed, divided
- 10 gummy worms
- Beat pudding mix and milk in large bowl with whisk 2 min. Let stand 5 min. Stir in Cool Whip and ½ cup cookie crumbs.
- Spoon into paper or plastic cups; top with remaining cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Top with gummy worms just before serving.
- Add straw - pipe cleaner flower, if desired.