Green Chile Ranch Roll Ups have been an easy favorite around our house since my hometown’s Quasquicentennial celebration. Did you catch that…Quasquicentennial? In layman’s terms, since my hometown celebrated it’s 125 years of existence. 🙂 I do not even recall when that was, but it was easily a decade ago. I came across it years ago in the town cookbook that was put together to celebrate this event. I was drawn to the recipe as it was simple to make and well, anything with ranch is good. haha!
The description in the cookbook says “this combination may sound weird, but it is really quite tasty” and I would agree.
It is a unique and delicious combination of flavors and is really simple to make. It’s a go-to appetizer recipe when I am in a pinch.
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix
- 1 package flour tortillas, 9" size
- (2) 8 oz blocks of cream cheese, softened
- (2) small cans green chilies, drained (peeled and chopped style)
- Blend ranch mix with softened cream cheese until smooth
- Stir in drained green chilies
- spread ¼" thick layer onto each tortilla.
- Roll up tightly and wrap in plastic wrap
- Repeat until mixture is gone.
- Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours or up to overnight, until firm.
- When chilled, remove plastic wrap and slice into about ½ inch thick pinwheels.
- Cover and keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
These roll-ups would be great for the Super Bowl! Check out our other Super Bowl Favorite Recipes here.