Grasshopper Pie is such a simple refreshing dessert. Growing up, we had this every year for my brother’s birthday – per his request. I must say, I was probably just as excited as he was to have the Baskin Robins treat. It was soooo good, and it never seemed to last quite long enough.
I found a recipe that is a close match to the Baskin Robins version from years ago. I was relieved to know it’s not too difficult, and it uses just a few ingredients. As you have probably figured, there are no live grasshoppers in this dessert – more like Mint Chip ice cream paired with chocolatey goodness – Oreo crust -and hot fudge sauce – which just puts it over the top! Enjoy!
- 1 Oreo cookie crumb crust
- 1½ quarts of Mint Chip ice cream (softened)
- Oreo (Mint) cookies (about 1 sleeve)
- 1 (8 oz) container of Cool Whip
- hot fudge sauce for drizzling
- Fill cookie crust with ice cream.
- Then cover with desired amount of Cool Whip.
- Cover top with chopped cookies.
- Drizzle with hot fudge sauce.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm and ready to serve.