When I was working in the Health and Wellness field, a co-worker of mine would bring this Grape-nut Bread to work. It is a sweet, nutty bread packed with fiber and protein. We make this frequently in our house, both my husband and kiddos approve.
This recipe makes two loaves, I either freeze one or share with a friend as this bread tends to dry out quickly.
- 1 cup Grape-nuts
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3½ cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Combine buttermilk and grape-nuts. Allow to soak for 10 minutes
- Beat sugar and eggs together in large bowl
- Add grape-nuts to mixture
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder together and stir thoroughly into Grape-nuts mixture
- Pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans
- Bake at 350 degree for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and serve!