This recipe came into our family in 1985 when we my parents purchased our first microwave. It was included in the cookbook that came with the microwave, and it was entitled “Biscuit Breakfast Ring.” They quickly became a family favorite that we called “Gooey Rolls.” I have a lot of special memories of eating these when I was a kid.
These have all the delicious flavors and warm comforts of homemade caramel rolls, but they are ready in under ten minutes. My kids love to help make them, too.
My kids now request them for special days like birthdays and end of the season football days. Its so fun to relive the joy of this recipe now with my little ones.
- ⅓ C brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 T butter or margarine
- 1 T water
- ⅓ C chopped nuts (optional)
- 10 refrigerated biscuits (1 tube)
- Place sugar, butter, and water in a glass bowl and microwave for one minute. Stir until melted.
- Invert 6 ounce glass custard cup in center of 9 x 2 round glass (pie pan) dish to form ring mold.
- If using, sprinkle nuts evenly in dish. Cut each biscuit in half. Stir into sugar mixture, coating. Arrange around custard cup.
- Cook in microwave for 2-3 minutes or until top spring back when lightly pressed with finger. Let stand 2 minutes. Invert on serving platter.