Beautiful white snow is falling outside our house today.
The kids had gone to visit the neighborhood horses and were quite chilled when they came back in. We needed a little hot chocolate to warm up and snuggle with.
A few months ago, my friend, Jen, shared this Gingerbread White Hot Chocolate recipe with me, and it has become a favorite around our house. It is a little sweet and little spicy and creamy and delicious.
- 2 C milk (I have used almond and skim)
- 2 C half & half (almond milk can also be substituted)
- 1 C white chocolate chips
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 t cinnamon
- ½ t ground ginger
- ⅛ t nutmeg
- Whipped cream or Redi-whip for topping
- Over medium heat, combine milk, half & half, and white chocolate chips in saucepan.
- Whisk continuously until chocolate is melted.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir frequently until heated through.
- Top with whipped cream or Redi-Whip.
PS- If you are a fan of Caribou Coffee’s white chocolate mocha, this drink is for you. I think it tastes just like it.