What can I say about Fruit Salsa? Annie introduced this to me years ago. It is delicious, easy, and so refreshing! It can be consumed by one person in a matter of minutes… (not that I’ve tried that or anything!) the cinnamon and sugar chips are the icing on the cake!
This salsa makes a wonderful dessert on vanilla ice cream, too. Eat a bunch because it is healthy.
Try this for your next fiesta or enjoy as an afternoon snack.
Simple ingredients: crushed pineapple, fresh strawberries, frozen peaches, one orange, lime juice, and sugar.
Ahhh, so refreshing….
- For the Salsa:
- 1 C finely chopped strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 C finely chopped peaches (fresh or frozen)
- 1 medium orange, peeled and finely chopped (1/3 C )
- 1 8-oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 T lime juice
- 2 T sugar
- For the Cinnamon Tortilla Chips:
- 12 7-or 8-inch flour tortillas
- ½ C sugar
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- non-stick cooking spray
- In a mixing bowl stir together all ingredients. Chill until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon together and set aside. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges. Spread the wedges in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Lightly spray the tortillas with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle the tortillas with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Bake in a 350 degree oven 10 minutes. Cool before serving.