This delicious coffee cake reminds me of when I was young. We had this frequently whenever we had guests or a Sunday brunch. Now that I am grown with a family of my own, it is a go-to recipe when I need a quick breakfast. I see now, why my mother used it so much….it’s simple, and quick, you can keep the ingredients on hand and it’s yummy.
This coffee cake can be baked and then frozen as well. Making it a great dish to share with the birth of a baby or other meal deliveries. Once frozen, thaw overnight in your fridge and heat if desired before serving.
- 1 box yellow cake mix (dry)
- 3 eggs
- 1 can pie filling (apple, peach or apricot)
- 3 Tbs flour
- 3 Tbs butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- ½ cup coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the cake mix, eggs and pie filling and pour into greased 9"x13" pan
- Mix topping ingredients together and sprinkle on batter
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until tested done (inserted toothpick comes out clean)
This day I used apple pie filling and skipped the nuts and coconut.