John turned 3 and he had a party! What fun!!
Where did the time go? Seems like last year those two grandsons, John and Jack, were born in the same week.
He got plenty of help with his sister and cousins assisting each step of the way. They were so kind-hearted to help him. He received many “transformers” and Paw Patrol items. He loved every one of his gifts!
I believe Anna was more surprised with the gifts than the birthday boy!
John is quiet and gentle….a precious a little soul. He talks a lot!! 🙂 And we love to hear him. One thing that is irresistible about him……he quietly giggles when he gets tickled. It’s not loud, so you really have to listen for it. There was a little giggle going on in this picture. And he didn’t have any assistants helping him out with his candles. 🙂
The party theme was PAW Patrol with masks and all. “No thanks” to wearing the mask.
“Blow, Johnny, blow!”
Shelby pulled out all the stops to feast us with many great dishes. She asked me to bring a fresh fruit bowl. This is what I stirred together last minute.
- 3 C sliced strawberries
- 3 C green grapes , sliced optional
- 3 C red grapes, sliced optional
- 2 C blueberries in season or frozen
- 3 C sliced peaches in season or frozen
- 2 C sliced bananas
- 3-4 T sugar
- 1-2 t almond extract
- Wash and drain all fruit. In a large mixing bowl, add all fruit except bananas. Stir in sugar and extract. Before serving add sliced bananas, and transfer to a large serving bowl. Glass bowl is especially pretty.
And on this rainy April day, I am reminded from the book of Ezekiel, “I will send down showers in season;
There will be showers of blessing.” 34:26b
Oh, yes, He certainly brings us many showers of blessing.