Everyone in my family loves strawberries and everyone in my family also loves cake…combine the two together and serve up some Fresh Strawberry Cake, I got hugs and kisses for days. Well, maybe not days but at least no whining at the dinner table and hey, with these long and hot summer days, that’s a win in my book!
This cake is simple to make! It’s not too heavy and extra moist thanks to the added sour cream. The strawberries add just the right amount of flavor variation. Bake this cake and serve it up with some whipped cream and a fresh strawberry on top for a delectable summer treat.
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 1¼ cup sugar, divided
- 1⅓ cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 pint fresh strawberries sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with non stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl (or stand mixer) mix together butter and 1 cup sugar until pale and fluffy (apprx 5 minutes)
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each
- Beat in vanilla extract
- IN a separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to butter/sugar mixture alternating with sour cream mixing well with each addition.
- Fold in strawberries and pour batter into pan
- Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup of sugar evenly over batter
- Bake until tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Apprx 35-40 minutes
- Let cake cool and Enjoy