Today’s post it’s going to be short and sweet…………..and I do mean sweet. I have to tell you a secret. Spinach is not my all-time favorite leafy vegetable. For me, raw and fresh is the way to go. My good friend Kay fixed this salad for us a while back and I simply loved it. I hope you do to. Takes about 4 minutes to mix up, and you’ll enjoy a change from the typical garden salad. I promise.
- 1 small bag of spinach ( of course fresh from the garden is best)
- 1 small can of Mandarin oranges, drained. (Reserve the liquid, please)
- 6 strips of bacon, fried or microwaved, then chopped finely
- ⅛-1/4 C sesame seeds
- Poppy Seed dressing thinned with some reserved orange liquid. (I love Brianna's home style dressing.)
- Place all ingredients together except poppy seed dressing. Chill for 15 minutes while you're fixing the rest of the meal. 🙂
- Toss with dressing right before serving.
It’s packed with protein, high in fiber and darn-right pretty. (Also, I keep everything on hand except the spinach.)