Hello, friends. We sure are enjoying reading all of your lovely comments that you’ve been leaving on the Gingham Apron Giveaway. Heartwarming! If you haven’t had a chance to enter yet, now’s your chance! Click here.
And now for a tasty, super simple new recipe. Do you love creamy potato soup on cold winter days as much as we do? Do you hate peeling potatoes as much as I do? 🙂
Well, this one’s for you.
I make this soup with frozen hash browns, which makes it EASY!. Even better, it’s a great crock pot soup.
- 1 bag frozen hash browns
- 2 (14 oz cans) or chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 T minced onion
- ¼ t black pepper
- 8 ounce block of cream cheese
- Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Dry parsley
- Over high heat, combine hash browns, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, onion, and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, or until hash browns are tender.
- Stir in cream cheese and heat through.
- To serve, top with crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese, and parsley.
Combine hash browns, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, onion, and black pepper. Cook in crock pot on low for 5 hours. Stir in cream cheese and cook for 30 minutes.
I use fat-free cream of chicken soup, low-fat cream cheese, and turkey bacon to cut the fat in this recipe.