When we arrived at the farm last week for Thanksgiving dinner, my mom welcomed us with this enticing appetizer tray complete with encrusted brie with pepper jelly. We felt so welcomed and glad to be there.
Encrusted brie is warm, savory, melty, and a touch spicy. In short, it’s perfect! Best of all, it’s simple to make. If you need a delicious Christmas appetizer for a gathering this season, this recipe is guaranteed to make people feel welcomed and loved.
- 1 round of brie cheese (optional, Camembert)
- 1 box puff pastry sheets
- 1 small jar of green pepper jelly
- 1 T water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove packaging of cheese.
- Place 2 T pepper jelly on top of cheese.
- Pinch sheets of puff pastry into large sheet and cover over all the cheese, tucking it in underneath.
- Reserve a little to make any type of decoration on top of cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- While cheese is baking, in small bowl, mix 1 T water into pepper jelly.
- Remove cheese from oven and drizzle jelly mixture over top of puff pastry. Bake another 5 minutes. Serve warm as appetizer or as side dish.