Today we were feeling healthy around here, so I decided to try another recipe from my Trim Healthy Mama book, Easy Peasy Cinnamon Muffins.
It’s rainy and gloomy here in Iowa today, and the warm cinnamon smell that enveloped the house while these were baking was just perfect.
These remind me of a bran muffin, but they are sweeter. They made a delicious dessert with a pat of butter. And because they were a Trim Healthy Mama recipe, they were sugar free and very low in carbs; eating a healthy dessert makes it even more enjoyable.
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- ¾ C plus 1 T water
- 3 T coconut or olive oil
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 C golden flax meal
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 4 T cinnamon
- 4 T Truvia or stevia in the raw
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the 3 eggs, 3 egg whites, and water into a blender.
- Add the coconut oil and vanilla and blend for 20 seconds.
- In a bowl, stir together the golden flax meal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and Truvia.
- Pour blended wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix together well. Let mixture sit for 5 minutes to thicken a little.
- Placed into greased muffin pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
ps- there were a few leftover, so I ate them the next morning for breakfast, Perfect with a cup of coffee!