We are members of the Friday Night Pizza Night at our house. We have tried many homemade pizza dough recipes, and to date, the recipe below is our favorite. I found it a few months ago online at www.laurenslatest.com called Fail Proof Pizza Dough and it is now our go to pizza dough recipe. I appreciate how easy it is to make. As always, I have made a few of my own modifications.
This dough is great for a lot of different pizzas. Here are a few of our favorite:
- 1 cup warm water
- 2¼ tsp active dry yeast
- 1 Tbs honey
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups flour
- Stir yeast, water and honey into large bowl of stand mixer, allow to proof for 5-10 minutes
- Add salt, oil and flour and mix until slightly tacky.
- Knead on medium speed for 6 minutes (set your timer and walk away - or watch as my kiddos do)
- Dough should be smooth and easy to work with (bowl should be clean)
- Lightly grease bowl and cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise for 1-2 hours.
- Use as desired.