Lately when I ask my kids, “What do you want me to make for meals this week?” they reply, “Ranch Chicken Drumsticks!” We’ve been having these about once a week.
This makes me very happy because this recipes is
- packed full of protein (I love when they stay full for a few hours!)
- contains no empty carbs (these are not breaded but instead smothered in no-carb, yummy ingredients)
- so easy to make (my ten year old usually makes them for us),
- super economical. (This week I bought ten drumsticks for only $3; that’s a bargain for feeding 5 kids if you ask me!)
I love that these are not breaded. Instead, they are covered in a mixture of mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, and dry ranch dressing mix. I know; it sounds like a funny mixture, but trust me, the end result is juicy, flavorful, healthy chicken!
To make this recipe even easier, cover your baking sheet with foil. This makes clean-up a cinch. Note: your house will smell heavenly as these roast in the oven!
This easy dish is delicious with a quick, no-carb, summer salad. We love to pair it with
Dinner = Done! Please try these; you’ll LOVE them!
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- ½ C plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ C low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together yogurt, mayonnaise, and ranch mix.
- Using a spatula, cover each drumstick with the yogurt and mayonnaise mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.
- Turn on broiler, and broil for 5 minutes, or until skin is nice and crispy!