Have you ever needed a quick—I mean really quick lunch menu when you hear company is on their way? Well, here’s my menu:
Quick Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Marinated tomato wedges
Strawberry Halves sprinkled with sweetener.
I had about 15 minutes to prepare for lunch–checked out the pantry for some sort of meat. Saw a can of chicken breast and wallah! Lunch was in my mind.
Luckily the veggie drawer was stocked and had some fresh bread on hand.
I quickly quartered some tomatoes and through them in a bowl. Threw on some Italian salad dressing and let them marinate for a few minutes. Added a dash of salt and pepper.
Lately I’ve been buying Romaine lettuce, chopping it and storing in a large baggie. It’s been so handy for sandwiches and tacos.
(Shhhh) Mr. Farmer LOVES chips, so always try to have an extra bag on hand.
I chopped up some celery, added a bit of onion to the can of chicken breast. Stirred it all together with some mayo and lunch was on the table in just a few minutes.
I love fresh! So do you. But times like these, I so love to open the pantry door and find the main dish sitting on the shelf. I made for a great summer lunch!
(And I didn’t tell a soul the chicken came out of a can! That’s a good secret to keep!) I asked Mr. Farmer if he liked the sandwich—he said he really did!! 🙂
- 1 10-oz can Hormel chicken breast (or your favorite)
- ½ C chopped celery
- 1 T finely minced onion
- ¼-1/2 C Real Mayonnaise
- chopped or shredded lettuce
- In a large bowl empty well drained can chicken breast.
- Add the chopped celery, onion, mayo and give it a stir.
- Make the sandwich using your favorite bread. Add plenty of lettuce.
- Add chips, a pickle, some marinated tomatoes and you have a perfectly phenomenal meal.