Yesterday afternoon was a beautiful October afternoon. The colors outside were vibrant oranges, reds, and yellows. The air was warm, and the breeze was soft and cool. Instead of slaving away in the kitchen, I wanted to be outside in the backyard playing soccer with my little guys.
I remembered that I had a big bag of chicken wings in the freezer and the other two ingredients to make Buffalo wings.
I originally saw this method for making wings in my Trim Healthy Mama book. It’s such a great recipe because it is completely carb and sugar free. Also, baking them instead of frying is so much healthier and less messy. Yay!
- The ingredients:
- Frozen chicken wings
- Frank's Hot Sauce
- ½ cup butter
- (optional: Ranch Dressing, celery and carrots, BBQ sauce)
- Preheated the oven to 450 degrees.
- Placed 48 frozen wings onto foiled lined, baking sheets. (24 on each baking sheet).
- Mixed 1 cup of Frank's Hot Sauce, ½ cup of melted butter and poured over 1 sheet of the wings. (Left the other sheet plain in case the kids didn't like the spicy sauce.)
- Baked for 45 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Broiled for 2 minutes at the end to add crispiness.
These were a hit! 48 was not quite enough for our family of seven. I absolutely love when an easy meal turns out to be a loved meal. I will definitely be making these again.