We had a wonderful family Thanksgiving out at the farm complete with lots of pies,
and lots of cousins eating pie. 🙂
I made double layer pumpkin pie, which has become a staple in our home during the holiday season. I found it in a magazine many years ago, and my husband requests it every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings.
The ingredients are simple.
It is no-bake and fun to make with kids.
The cream cheese layer: decadent and delightful.
And the pumpkin mouse on top: cool and refreshing.
Holiday pie perfection. I now need to go to the kitchen and eat a leftover piece immediately. 🙂
- 1 8 oz package Cream Cheese or Neufchatel Cheese
- 1 C plus 1 T skim milk, divided
- 1 T sugar
- 1 8 oz tub low-fat Cool-Whip, thawed and divided
- 1 ready made graham cracker crumb crust
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 2 3.4 oz packages Vanilla Flavor instant pudding
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- ½ t ground ginger
- ½ t ground cloves
- Beat cream cheese, 1 T milk and sugar in large bowl until blended.
- Stir in half the Cool Whip.
- Spread onto bottom of crust.
- Beat on low speed remaining milk, pumpkin, pudding and spices for about 2 minutes until mixture is thick.
- Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Serve topped with remaining Cool Whip. (optional)