Last week while at Costco, I made an impulse purchase of roma tomatoes. I couldn’t help myself, they just looked perfect. Well, I’m sure most of you are familiar with Costco…most items you purchase are in large quantities or even bulk. So, we’ve been eating lots of perfectly delicious tomatoes around here. We have had an Italian meal twice this week with this delicious appetizer of bruschetta to go along with it. There have been no complaints in this house over the Italian meals…they have been the perfect dishes for these cold winter evenings. Whether you have bulk tomatoes or looking for a delicious appetizer for your next meal, give this simple bruschetta recipe a try!
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbs minced garlic
- 1.5 Tbs good balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup finely diced fresh basil leaf
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2.5 cups roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 loaf baguette bread, sliced and toasted
- Mix all ingredients together except tomatoes and stir well. Stir in tomatoes until thoroughly mixed.
- Set aside and let marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Spoon over toasted bread and enjoy
Other favorite Italian Recipes: