Each year for his birthday, I make a creme de menthe cake for my husband. He has had this cake EVERY year since he was a kid, and his mom gave me the recipe the first year we were married. Sometimes I make it as a 9 x 13 and sometimes as a double layer round cake. This year I decided to make it in cupcake form. Fun!
Served cold, and with the flavors of mint and chocolate, this cake is so refreshing and delicious.
And since it starts with a cake mix, it is super simple to make.
Start with a white cake mix and add a little green food coloring and creme de menthe flavoring.
After cool, frost with hot fudge topping.
Add a little more green food coloring and creme de mente flavoring to some cool-whip and frost again.
Refrigerate until eating. Enjoy!
Wouldn’t these be fun for St. Patrick’s Day?
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 jar hot fudge topping
- 2 T creme de menthe flavoring, divided
- 8 drops green food coloring, divided
- 1 tub Cool-Whip
- Prepare the white cake mix according to package directions.
- Add 1 T creme de menth flavoring, and 4 drops green food coloring and mix well.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Cool. Frost with hot fudge topping.
- Add 1 T creme de menth flavoring and 4 drops of green food coloring to Cool-Whip and gently fold in.
- Top cakes with Cool-Whip mixture.
- Refrigerate utnil serving.