What do you do when your chocolate loving four year old breaks her finger? Make cupcakes with a creamy chocolate frosting and lots of sprinkles, of course. Yum!
This frosting is perfect for a cake or cupcakes and easy to make. It definitely is not a decorators frosting but a creamy, chocolate that you spread on top and melts in your mouth…or even your hands if you are one of my kids. Top your treat with some sprinkles and have yourself a fun afternoon with an extra special treat.
- 2¾ cup of powdered sugar
- 5 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 Tbs butter, softened
- 5-7 Tbs whole or 2 % milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sift together powdered sugar and cocoa set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter until smooth and gradually beat in dry sugar and cocoa mixture.
- Blend in vanilla and add 5 Tbs of milk, mix well and add additional milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Spread on cupcakes or cake and Enjoy!