This Cranberry Orange Muffin recipe is a great one for our family. The kids enjoy baking them with me and I enjoy that they request something other than a Casey’s donut for breakfast. (No, we rarely serve donuts for breakfast with the exception of special occasions. However, they still request them several times a week).
They are moist, sweet and easy to make.
Focus on the sweet little 4 year old waiting for his muffin….not the fingerprints all over the stove.
Patiently waiting for mom to take a picture – dirty face and bed head not required to enjoy these muffins. (ha)
- 2 Cups flour
- ⅔ Cup of Sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Cup Craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1 egg
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- ¼ Cup canola oil
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Rehydrate craisins in the orange juice (bring oj and craisins to a boil on stovetop)
- Once rehydrated separate orange juice and cranberries
- Mix dry ingredients together and gently fold in cranberries
- Beat together egg, orange juice, oil and orange juice
- Pour above liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened
- Spoon into a greased muffin tin (3/4 full) and sprinkle tops with sugar
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until lightly browned and firm to touch
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.