November has arrived…let the holiday season commence. Or at least that’s how my brain has shifted into thinking recently, my husband on the other hand, is 100% focused on harvest still and the thought of Thanksgivng or Christmas will not creep into his mind until the combine is parked for the season.
With my mind dreaming of snuggling up by the fireplace with the Christmas tree lights on, I also start to think about the yummy treats that go along with the holidays. These cinnamon sugar pecans are a recipe that comes to mind with the holidays. It is also one that will be made multiple times at my house over the next few months. (And even into summer as these would pair nicely topped on a fresh green summer salad). Even though my husband is not thinking of the holidays, he sure doesn’t mind some of these delicious pecans in his cooler…a win-win for us both! 🙂
Be sure to give this recipe a try this holiday season! Check it out below!
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 16 oz pecans halves
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tbs water
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- In a large bowl mix together sugar, cinnamon and salt, set aside
- in separate bowl mix together egg whites, water and vanilla. Slowly stir in pecans until well coated. With a slotted spoon remove the pecans in place in the cinnamon sugar mix and gently stir until evenly coated.
- Spoon pecans onto parchment lined baking sheet in a single even layer. Bake for 1 hour at 250 degrees stirring and shaking pan every 15 minutes.
Check out another one of delicious pecan holiday mixes below!
Candied Pecans with Cranberries