I had to share this re-post because it is a favorite summer grilling meal. We enjoy this on a weekly basis. It is so easy, and the chicken is tender and delicious. The marinade helps with this so much. The longer the marinade, the better results. I love this topped on a fresh salad, but the chicken would also be a wonderful accompaniment with pasta, tacos, and burritos – just to name a few.
Grilling is one of my favorite ways to enjoy food in the summertime – or just about anytime, really! Not only does it make meals simpler, but they are also delicious and fun. This Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken recipe is quick and easy, can be done ahead of time, and has flavorful, tender results! I am always looking for a good chicken recipe. We use this consistently during the summer.
I typically prepare the marinade in the morning – which takes at the most 10 minutes. Then all I have to do is throw it on the grill – for about a total of 18 minutes.
We enjoy this with on top of a salad – paired with our favorite dressing (right now mine is Ken’s Sweet Vidalia dressing) or it can be easily served with rice or pasta. It’s a no fail recipe, and can go with just about anything. My daughter loves this chicken with her favorite dressing – Hidden Valley Ranch, of course. 😉
- ¼ c. fresh lime juice
- ¼ c. olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1 t. kosher salt
- ¼ t. pepper
- ½ t. crushed red pepper
- 1 t. garlic, minced
- ¼ c. cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 T. sugar
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Mix above marinade ingredients together and pour over chicken in a zipper-sealed bag.
- Marinade chicken for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from bag.
- Grill over medium-high heat - about 8 to 9 minutes per side, depending on chicken breast size and thickness - until no longer pink