Mom was watching Trish Yearwood’s “Southern Cooking” show awhile back and decided to make this quick little snack. She fell in love with it, immediately. 🙂 I know you will, too. It’s super quick….super easy….and believe me, it won’t last long on your party table (or anywhere for that matter)!
- 1 stick butter
- ½ C brown sugar
- 2 sleeves of saltine crackers
- 2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line large cookie sheet with aluminum foil (for easy clean-up). Then line cookie sheet with saltines, salty side down.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in small saucepan. Bring to boil and cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- Pour caramel mixture over top of saltines. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Take out of oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over top. When melted, frost.
- Place cookie sheet in refrigerator or freezer until chocolate hardens.
- Break up the crackers and store in airtight container in refrigerator. Crackers will stay crisp.
Easy as pie! (Much, much easier)