We love whipping up these simple, but delectable chocolate mousse cups. The kids love ’em, my husband loves ’em, and I love ’em. Plus, with only a few ingredients and nothing to bake, these are are quick and fun to make.
These are rich, creamy, and refreshing. Can you ever go wrong with chocolate and coffee?
We love these all year-round, but with the temperatures rising, we will need to make these more often. So, whip some up and stick them in the fridge, play outside for a few hours, and come back for a refreshing Chocolate Mousse Cup. Trust me, you’ll love them!
Don’t forget the whipped cream. If you’ve never made homemade before, learn how to with Shelby’s recipe for Simple Homemade Whipped Cream.
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 2 t vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 8 ounces very hot strong coffee
- whipped cream or Cool-Whip
- Place the chocolate chips in the blender.
- Crack in the egss, then add the vanilla and salt.
- Pulse about 5 times, or until chocolate chips are partially broken up.
- Carefully pour in the very hot coffee and turn on the blender. Blend for about 2 minutes, or until chocolate is melted and mixture is very smooth.
- Pour the mixture into 8 coffee cups or small Mason jars or pretty glasses, etc.
- Place the cups on a tray and refrigerate for about 2 hours, or until firm.
- To serve, top with whipped cream or Cool-Whip.