Happy Mother’s Day!
Take time to remember mom today – honor and treasure the influence of her in your life.
“A woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.” Proverbs 31:30
Now onto the food…
Chicken Salad sandwiches are a tasty, spring-like favorite of mine. They are light and refreshing, and even better served with a buttery croissant. We made these the other day, and I forget how simple they truly are! I have also discovered that I enjoy the chicken cut in chunks – rather than shredded – it makes a big difference! This colorful salad is made with green grapes and red cranberries, which add bursts of flavor.
This might go well for that Mother’s Day picnic – wrap in parchment paper and toss in the picnic basket. Find a scenic view and enjoy with those you love!
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- ⅓ c. Craisins, or dried cranberries
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ⅔ c. green grapes, halved
- 1 t. lemon juice
- ½ c. greek yogurt
- ¼ c. sliced almonds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 croissants
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, grapes, cranberries, sliced almonds, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chicken salad mixture on croissants with a lettuce leaf.