This recipe is a refreshing spin on your typical chicken salad recipe. The cashews and water chestnuts add a nice crunch, while the grapes are a bit sweet. Combine that with some healthy brown rice and chicken…..perfect for your summer menu!
This recipe is also very versatile; you could serve it for a light lunch as lettuce wraps or a main dish with a nice croissant or even by itself. Your choice!
- 1 small box Reese's wild rice, made according to package directions (apprx 4 ounces)
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup green grapes cut in ½
- ¾ cup cashews - add right before serving
- ½ cup - ¾ cup mayonnaise - depending on taste
- 1 tsp Lawrey's seasoning salt
- Mix all ingredients together except grapes and cashews
- Mix cashews and grapes in right before serving to keep cashews crunch and grapes from "weeping"