This is a healthy, lighter meal with simple ingredients, and can be ready in 20 minutes – from start to finish.
Start out by dredging the chicken tenders in the flour mixture. Heat on medium until golden brown on both sides. Then remove chicken from pan.
Next, saute the shallots until tender. Then add the chicken broth, lemon juice, and parsley.
Add the chicken back to the pan and cover – cooking for another 4-6 minutes – or until chicken is no longer pink.
I like to serve this dish with rice and a vegetable. This is a nice light dinner and might be great while sitting outside enjoying the colorful sunset.
- 4 chicken tenders (or 2 chicken breasts - halved)
- 2 T. flour
- 2 t. lemon zest
- ½ t. cumin
- salt and pepper
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 minced shallots
- 2 T. fresh parsley or 2t. dried parsley flakes
- ½ c. chicken broth
- ¼ c. lemon juice
- Combine the flour, zest, cumin, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Coat tenders with the flour mix
- Saute in 2T. olive oil until golden brown
- Remove from pan.
- Saute shallots 5-7 minutes until tender
- Add parsley, chicken broth, lemon juice
- Scrape the bottom of the pan
- Add tenders to pan
- Cover and cook 4-6 minutes
- Garnish with lemon slice