Update: The giveaway winner is DJ from Georgia. That is so fun to think that someone as far away as Georgia is reading The Gingham Apron. Congrats, DJ! Hope you love the book!
Today we are giving away a Trim Healthy Mama book!! Yea! Read more about that below… But first, THIS delicious single-serve pizza.
Many of you readers know how much I love my Trim Healthy Mama book. I’ve learned so much about nutrition and balanced eating. I have been especially surprised to learn about healthy fats, which are involved in a recipe like this delicious Chicken, Bacon, and Avocado Thin Crust Pizza.
This was a REALLY YUMMY, SATISFYING lunch. For those of you who are trying to watch your carbs, you’re going to love this. It starts with a low-carb tortilla, and then uses Alfredo sauce for the sauce. I then added avocado, cooked chicken breast, bacon, mozzarella and a few red pepper flakes. The end result was hearty, creamy, and just really delicious. I felt like I was eating at a great restaurant with interesting lunch selections (not just in my kitchen on an ordinary Tuesday).
- 1 low carb tortilla (I use MIssion Carb-balance
- Alfredo sauce (make sure to use one with less than 3 grams of carbs per serving)
- ½ C chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 slice bacon, cooked and chopped (use turkey bacon to cut calories)
- 2 T mozzerella, shredded
- dash of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- artichoke hearts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- While the oven is heating, crisp the tortilla by placing it directly on the oven rack. Flip after 3-5 minutes.
- Top tortilla with toppings.
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 5-8 minutes.
Here are a few other of my favorite Trim Healthy Mama Recipes.
Ok, and now about the giveaway! I have an extra Trim Healthy Mama Plan book that I would love to share with one of our readers. Just comment on this post, and I will randomly chose a winner one week from today, April 6th, 2016.