Oh, the joys of living in Iowa! Last weekend it was a sweltering 90+ degrees and I shared an ice cream topping (Homeade Chocolate Magic Shell) and this week it is cooling off in the evenings with a low of 45 degrees over the weekend. We have four beautiful seasons here, but living in Iowa can be unpredictable. You just never know what sort of weather tomorrow will bring. For example, two years ago in May I was preparing for our daughters birthday….about a week before was a beautiful, typical May day, we were basking in the sun with our shorts and sandals enjoying the fresh spring air….the next morning we woke up to snow! Yes, you heard me, snow…..Eek! Now if that doesn’t throw a wrench into party planning, I don’t know what does. Planning an outdoor birthday party and it snows a few days before….what? Thankfully, the snow melted off and we continued as planned (well, sort of, we cleaned out the garage for the party in the chance inclement weather arrived again.)
Back to my post. Since it is cooling off here, I am turning to more warm dishes….casseroles, soups and these yummy Chicken Alfredo Rollups. It’s a hybrid of lasagna and chicken alfredo pasta. Take your chicken alfredo ingredients (and some cream cheese, of course) roll them into a lasagna noodle, top with more alfredo sauce and cheese and….Voila, a delicious, comforting meal! Serve with a side of veggies and some warm homemade bread and you might just feel like you are on a romantic date with your spouse in Italy (minus the screaming at the table, sticky floor under your feet and 101+ requests from the kiddos once you sit down.) 🙂
- 8 Lasagna Noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 24 oz (apprx 3 cups) alfredo sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 2.5 cups Chicken, cooked and shredded
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1.5 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1.5 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions
- Lightly grease an 8x8 casserole dish with cooking spray
- Lay cooked lasagna noodles out in a single layer on a clean surface
- In a bowl combine chicken, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, 1 cup parmesan cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Mix well
- Pour 1 cup of alfredo sauce in baking dish and spread evenly.
- Spread apprx ¼ cup of chicken mixture onto each of the lasagna noodles, roll up tightly and place into baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over top of rollups and sprinkle with remaining paremesan cheese
- Bake approx. 10-15 minutes until cheese begins to melt and brown.