The weather this May has felt more like April. Very rainy and cooling off in the evenings….where is May? I am ready for picnics and BBQs! We were able to snag a few nice days this past week and you guessed it – we grilled out! An easy side dish that doesn’t take much preparation or attention is this Cheesy Macaroni and Corn Casserole. Just dump, stir and bake. Perfect when you are tending to the grill or preparing your house for guests. It’s a cheesy, creamy dish that everyone enjoys – kids and adults! My Mom has been making this for years; it was one of my favorites as a kid. It’s fun now to watch my kids gobble it right down as well. Do you have a favorite Grilling side dish? Please, do share!
- 1 can whole kernel corn with liquid
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup velveeta cheese, chopped
- Mix together ingredients in large baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees uncovered for 30 minutes
- Then uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes
- Stir and Serve