Well, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Ours was full of great food and great family. We had a wonderful time at my parents’ farm playing board games inside and playing with their golden retriever, Maggie, outside. Did I mention that there were also four desserts? Yummm.
And just like that, Christmas is here. The last few days have been busy with putting up our Christmas tree and decorations, doing a little online shopping (that’s the only black Friday shopping that I do!), and making plans for this most favorite season. I just love this time of year!
The weather has been cooler and rainy, and warm comforting food tastes just right. This week, we made this cheeseburger tater tot casserole. The kids spied tater tots in the freezer at the store and wanted to try them. That got me thinking about how to make a quick, warm, filling supper with ground beef and tater tots. Ok, I have to admit that I’ve been skeptical of tater tot casseroles since my hot lunch days at school, but I was willing to give tots another try.
Enter cheeseburger tater tot casserole! This basically tasted like your favorite warm, cheesy cheeseburger and fries all wrapped up together. Pretty much perfection! And did I mention that it took about five minutes to throw together, and that the house smelled divine while it cooked? This one will be making its way into the regular weeknight rotation, especially since the kids asked for seconds.
So, if you’re like me, get over your skepticism of tater tots and give this a try. I think you’ll love it!
- 2 pounds extra lean ground beef, browned
- 1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 8 oz tub of reduced fat sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 package of frozen tater tots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Layer the beef of the bottom of the pan.
- In a small bow, mix the sour cream and cream of mushroom soup. Then spread on top of the beef.
- Layer the cheese on top of the sour cream mixture.
- Layer the tater tots on top of the cheddar.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Serve with ketchup and mustard for that cheeseburger taste!
Need a few other quick, easy, delicious meals?
How about Beef Taco Skillet? Its ready in under 20 minutes.
Or Skillet Italian Chicken? So good! So easy!